Flecked Stoneware 1150-1290C
- Recommended Firing Range 1150-1290C / Cone 3 to 11
- Indicative texture 4 (Smooth 1-Coarse 10).
- Shrinkage: 1100C = 9%; 1200C = 12%
- Attractively flecked stoneware body based on a ball clays and fireclay deposits mined from our site in South Staffordshire, near Walsall.
- Superb throwing properties for small or large pieces.
- Flecking burns nicely through covering glazes giving a reduction fired appearance under oxidising conditions.
- An extremely good body for thrown domestic stoneware.
- A note regarding fleck variation: The fleck size/density in our flecked bodies is variable from batch to batch due to the nature of the raw material supplied to us. The user must sample/batch test in their own application before proceeding. Potclays cannot accept any liability for fleck variations batch-to-batch which are outside of our control.
- Can I use items made from your flecked clays in the microwave? Yes - the fleck in our clays is created by an iron-bearing compound which is not metallic therefore will not reflect the microwaves.
- Standard full bag size 12.5Kg