e23M-3 Pottery Kiln
Model e23M-3 Easy-Fire Automatic Kiln with Multi-Program Two-Zoned DynaTrol mounted in an easy-open cool-firing piggy-back control panel that is angled for easy viewing of control. Kiln comes with hard ceramic element holders, protected thermocouples, strong solid-top stand, easy-lift spring hinge, and solid peephole plugs. 22-3/8" diameter by 22.5" high (4.4 cubic feet) 125Litres . 3" K23 brick. Direct wire to 3 phase wye circuit.
All Easy-Fire Kilns include FREE Zone Control.
3" K23 Firebrick
Two 9" high & One 4.5" high sections
- Inside Dimensions:
22.30" Diameter x 22.50" High (56.642 cm Diameter x 57.15 cm High)
- Outside Dimensions:
30.00" Wide x 40.00" Deep x 63.00" High (76.2 cm Wide x 101.6 cm Deep x 160.02 cm High)
290 lbs (132 kg)
- Wire Connection:Direct wire (no plug) to a 380 volt, 3 phase wye circuit with a neutral and three power legs
- Wire Gauge for Connection:10 Ga
- Element Wiring:Parallel
- Max Temperature:Cone 10, 2350F, 1290C
- MEDIUM (4.5 CUBIC FEET)
- DYNATROL ZONE CONTROL
- CONE 10, 2350F, 1290C
3 Phase Wye
ONE 20" FULL ROUND SHELF AND FOUR 20" HALF ROUND SHELVES (3/4" THICK)
One 51cm full round shelves and four 51cm half round shelves all 2cm thick
- FURNITURE POSTS:
SIX EACH OF 1/2", 1", 2", 4", 6", & 8" HIGH 1-1/2" SQUARE CERAMIC POSTS
six each of 1.3cm, 2.5cm, 5cm, 10, 15cm high; 3.8cm thick Square Ceramic Posts and includes heat resistant gloves
- FURNITURE ACCESSORIES:
ONE PAIR HEAT RESISTANT GLOVES
- Kiln with Furniture Kit:
48 IN Wide X 40 IN Deep X 57 IN High
( 122 CM Wide X 102 CM Deep X 145 CM High )
- Ship Weight:
410 lbs (186 kg)
Skidded Carton with Foam-in-Place packaging
DynaTrol with 4 Easy-Fire programs (Slow Bisque, Fast Bisque, Slow Glaze, Fast Glaze), 6 custom programs, PreHeat, Delay, Program, Segment Review, and Diagnostics. Zone control included on most kilns
Four Easy Programs
- Slow Bisque, Fast Bisque, Slow Glaze and Fast Glaze preset program. Change the cone level and add a Hold time, Delay and Candling time if desired.
Six User-Defined Programs
- Up to eight segment (with one ramp and soak per segment) in each program. Very flexible.
- Control when kiln starts and stops.
- "Candling" fires kiln at 180°F for a time that you set.
- Completely dry out ceramic work before the main cycle begins.
- Control end of firing.
- Hold the final temperature for a time that you control.
Cone and Thermocouple Offsets
- Let you fine tune your firings.
Dynamic Zone Control
- The DynaTrol features Dynamic Zone Control with three separate loops of control.
- The DynaTrol separately measures temperatures in the bottom, middle and top of the kiln and automatically adjusts the heat output of three separate heating zones even as the kiln is heating up.
- Kiln temperatures are automatically evened out to within 1/2 cone or better top to bottom.
- There are separate thermocouples (heat sensors) and contactors (power controls) for each of the three zones.
- You may place your load to best advantage without regard to temperature differences.
- There are adjustable offsets for each thermocouple which allows you to adjust uniformity within the kiln and match control performance with actual witness cones.
Other Important Features Of The DynaTrol
Four "Easy-Fire" Preset Firing Profiles
- This makes it easy to fire ceramics.
- Even people who are shy of programming can work with this control.
- Slow Bisque, Fast Bisque, Slow Glaze and Fast Glaze all have time proven profiles for the vast majority of ceramic firing.
- Just enter cone number and optional delay time, soak time, candling time and alarm.
Six User-Defined "Vary-Fire" Profiles
- This allows you to have 6 separate repeatable stored programs with up to 8 segments (cooling or heating ramps, temperature setpoint and an optional hold time per segment).
- The DynaTrol allows you to soak at a low temperature for a long time (i.e. you can have an automatic drying period) and then automatically ramp up to your high fire at different rates.
- You can ramp slowly through critical periods or soak at end point temperatures for more consistent maturing of work. It also allows a controlled cool-down to avoid heat shock.
- You can link two of these profiles to make one 16 segment program.
Controlled Cool down After Easy-Fire Program
- It is possible to link a Vary-Fire program that controls the cool down of the kiln to the end of an Easy-Fire program.
- This allows you to use the great Orton software that adjusts the final set point of the kiln based on heat-work but still be able to control your cool down for large work or for maturing glazes properly.
- This allows you to match the "Easy-Fire" cone set points to your real firing experience.
- See the entire program before or while running it.
- Lets you review the segment you are on.
- Also shows you what your current set point is during the program as it is changing.
Audible Temperature Alarm
- This can alert you at any point in program.
- For instance the control can alert you that the kiln is close to maturity so you can watch it reach final set point or use it to tell you when to turn off the vent.
Change of Program During Firing
- Make adjustments as needed.
Last Temperature Reached
- This is shown at end of Easy-Fire program.
Cone/Temperature Equivalent Look Up Table
- Convert cone numbers to degrees.
- Graphically numeric keypad makes programming easy.
Error Checking can be turned off
- Error checks include stopping program if kiln is rising too slowly or if one zone is 100°F off set point as well as other error checks.
- This occurs after brief power interruption with alert. Control logic determines whether it is better to continue or shut down.
Thermocouple Burnout Protection
- Kiln shuts down automatically if all thermocouples burn out. Kiln continues to fire if one or two thermocouples burn out.
Two Key Start
- Optionally configure the control so it requires you to press two buttons to start it.
- Configure temperature in either degrees F or C.
- Scroll through all three thermocouple readings to see what each zone is doing.
Cold Junction Compensation
- Automatically compensates for varying ambient temperatures to make control more accurate.
- Control can operate in ambient temperatures of 32°F to 125°F (0°C to 50°C).
- Segment review button lets you see ambient board temperature.
Electronic Control Matches Pyrometric Cone Performance
- This feature, licensed from Orton (Patent 4,461,616 & 4,730,101), adjusts the final temperature reached in an Easy-Fire profile based on the speed of the actual firing.
- It results in accurate automatic control of heat-work in ceramic firing.
Number of Zones is Programmable
- You can easily change the control from a three zone to a two or even single zone control.
- This is useful on L&L's unique sectional kilns where you can remove or add sections.