- Recommended firing range 1200-1270C
- Indicative texture 4-5 (Smooth 1-Coarse 10).
- Popular for its distinctive rustic, flecked character
- Good handling for throwing
- Shelves need to be well coated with refractory wash to prevent sticking during firing
- A note regarding fleck variation: The fleck size/density in our flecked bodies is variable from batch to batch due to the nature of the raw material supplied to us. The user must sample/batch test in their own application before proceeding. Your Ceramic Store cannot accept any liability for fleck variations batch-to-batch which are outside of our control.
- Can I use items made from your flecked clays in the microwave? Yes - the fleck in our clays is created by an iron-bearing compound which is not metallic therefore will not reflect the microwaves.
- Standard full bag size 12.5Kg